A privately owned business usually represents an owner’s principal asset, and is often the result of a life’s work. Anyone who has done it knows how difficult building and operating a successful business can be. We at ACT Consultants know that many challenges had to be met and overcome. In addition to the challenges of building a business into profitability, owners also face the ever-increasing pace of technology, local and overseas competition, and governmental regulations.
Likewise, a business owner who plans to achieve financial liquidity by the sale of his Company faces a completely new set of challenges, no less difficult. Experience shows us that each Company we represent presents a unique set of circumstances, problems and opportunities. For those not familiar with the process, the successful sale of a privately held business is a far more difficult process than can be imagined.
ACT Consultants’ primary aim is to assist and aid business owners to realize full and fair value when they have determined the time is right to sell. We are fully committed to:
- Achieving a sale at the best price and terms possible, consistent with the current and future prospects for the Company
- Avoiding the common mistakes that most business owners (and many business brokers) make that result in selling for less than full value
- Maintaining the highest degree of confidentiality
- Acknowledging the special relationships that exists between the owner(s), the management, employees, suppliers, and customers
- Developing a strategic marketing plan that requires learning as much as possible about a Client’s Business and the industry in which it operates
- Serving as problem-solvers and as skilled intermediaries to resolve the difficult challenges that are common to most all transactions and provide innovative solutions unique to each transaction
- Advising the Client of all the various transaction details that, if attended to, can result in significant enhancement of value
- At all times representing the business in a highly professional manner
- Maintaining loyalty to our Clients over and beyond simple fiduciary responsibility